Our unique and handy gage will help you quickly and easily check for worn gas cylinders or undersize op-rod tips.
To Check Gas Cylinder:
- Insert the gage into the front (threaded end) of your gas cylinder.
- The gage should stop with the silver groove still visible at the mouth of the cylinder.
- If the silver groove is not visible then the cylinder is worn and will need further inspection or repair.
To Check Op-Rod:
- Measure and make a small mark on the tip of your op-rod at .450” (7/16”).
- Insert the gage onto the tip of your op-rod.
- Op-rod should go into the gage and stop at .450 of an inch (7/16”).
- If your op-rod goes in further (up to .680 or 11/16”), then it is undersize.